Mosotho. Nerd. Technology in Africa. Travel. F1. Golf. Football. Daschunds & Bassets.
Invalid Heuristic Fallacy
1. I did not research or proof read this
2. I pondered on this whilst in a queue, planned to jot it down in the morning but day was busy. So I might have lost some parts of the initial concept I had.
3. I am sharing to hear if this fallacy can be validated by others and if we can add and expand on it if it holds true.
Invalid Heuristic Fallacy Definition
Significant majority of people in “Group X” achieve consistently “Result Y”. Therefore though observation and analysis of data conclude that the heuristic holds true, i.e. to achieve “Result Y” you need to belong to “Group X”.
This fallacy argues that although everything in the data supports the heuristic, i.e. to achieve “Y” you must be member of “X”, the relationship between “X” ad “Y” is nonsensical as “Result Y” can be achieved by objects outside “Group X”.
1. It takes hardship / struggle to achieve any level of success (personally defined).
2. Black males are corrupt, thieves and incompetent (or violent).
3. Muslims are terrorists.
4. White people know how to manage money.
5. To be a successful basketball player you must be 6 feet tall.
6. White people are racist.
* Can you think of anything that validates or invalidates this (Tweet me @TefoMohapi)
* Perhaps I am thinking and talking nonsense, in which case do let me know too so as I get the necessary psychological help ;-)